Top 10 Best 2 Door Fridges Malaysia 2022 (Best Models)
If you’re here, you must be looking for a fridge. But have you decided what kind of fridge you need? There’s all kinds of fridge options available out there, from mini fridges to big french door types. But in this article, we will focus on the best 2 Door Fridges in Malaysia for 2022 that we’ve researched and analyzed. All available on Shopee & Lazada.
How We Pick
In this list, we set some criteria and picked only those that meet these criteria. Read more on how to pick a 2 door fridge below.
- Type: Here we picked 2 door fridges, mostly top-freezer type.
- Price: Our price range is RM900-RM2200, which is what most people would be willing to spend on a fridge.
- Sizes: Our list mostly includes top-drawer 2 door fridges between 200L to 300L which is about 1.4m tall & 0.55m wide since this is the range most people will look for. Other fridges in the list will be higher or lower.
- Energy Rating: We prioritize those with 4 or 5-Star Energy ratings.
- Inverter & Non Inverter: We prioritize inverter type to maximize energy efficiency. Some will be non inverter if other factors make up for it.
- Features: We prefer those with deodorizer, good shelves design that maximizes space and freshness, frost-free technology and other unique features.
All these products can be purchased directly at :
Table of Contents
Best 2 Door Refrigerators in Malaysia
Hisense Side by Side Inverter Refrigerator RS688N4ABU (620L)
Midea 2-Door Refrigerator MD-232V (230L)
Don’t worry if you don’t have too much money to spend on a fridge. The Midea MD-232V is a great 230L 2-door fridge especially built to rival other models in terms of affordability and cost efficiency. Though smaller in cost, the fridge is not at all small in storage and is suitable for a family of 2 or 3. In terms of energy consumption, this fridge has been given a 4-star rating even without any inverter tech. Other strong points include a deodorizer for getting rid of smell, and a large 2L bottle rack with an egg tray, and a cooler box, even at this size. The only downside is that it might be too small for some so don’t expect you’ll be able to store a lot in this fridge. In sum, this fridge offers basic functionality for a minimal storage at a great price.
Toshiba 2-Door Inverter Fridge GR-A28MS (DS) (252L)
For a 2-door inverter fridge with a bit of extra room, look no further than the Toshiba GR-A28MS. This 252L fridge is equipped with a deodorizer called Ag+ Bio that can keep your food extra fresh, arguably much better than other fridges. Another strong point is that it’s 5-star rated in terms of energy efficiency so though the price is slightly higher, you’ll save more in terms of electricity bills over the long run. Like other fridges at this price, the fridge is equipped with no frost tech with vege compartment and a fresh compartment, with adjustable drinks tray. All trays here are made with tempered glass. Overall, this is a great fridge for a family of 2 or 3 but you'll need to decide whether the extra room and features justify the extra cost.
Elba 2-Door Refrigerator ER-G2521-SV (250L)
Another choice for a budget fridge is the Elba ER-G2521-SV which carries the capacity of 250L, quite similar to the Toshiba GR-A28MS, but at about RM300 less in terms of price. So, you’ll have the same spacious fridge (as far as top-freezers go) at lesser cost, which is always great. Also like the Toshiba, you’ll have pretty much the same compartments, a slide-on fresh zone and a chill room, with 1 tray in the freezer. The cooling system is also a No Frost cooling and the trays are made of tempered glass. Now what’s the difference of this compared with the Toshiba? One thing for sure, this fridge is not as energy efficient with rating of only 4-Star and is a non-inverter. So, expect a bit more energy consumption. But it does come at a cheaper initial cost, so we’ll leave this to you to decide.
Panasonic Econavi Energy Saving Fridge NR-BB211PK (210L)
The Panasonic NR-BB211 is one slick, stylish fridge. The glossy black finish is stunning and the door handle has this curvy design that will make you think the price is higher than what it is. Perfect for modern homes. Some of the pros of this fridge is that it’s an inverter type though it is only 3-Star rated (still, the inverter will ensure that the temperature is self-adjusted). The cons though is the fridge is not very spacious at only 210L and the price is about RM200 more expensive in comparison to models with similar features.
Baru Update :
Samsung Digital Inverter Fridge with All-Around Cooling Technology RT38K501JS8 (500L)
There’s not a lot of options for a 2-door top-freezer fridge with a big capacity. So, if you’re looking for a large, spacious fridge that’s about 384L while still being a top-drawer fridge, Samsung RT38K501JS8 might be the one for you. The Digital Inverter Technology automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand across 7 levels. With 5-star energy rating, it uses less energy, minimises noise and reduces wear and tear for longer-lasting performance. The Big Guard featured in this model allows you to store tall drink bottles while still having some room for the upper compartment. Overall, this is a good-sized fridge with the best energy efficiency, suitable for a family of 3 to 4.
Haier 2-Door Refrigerator HRF-238H (216L)
Sharp J-Tech Inverter Refrigerator SJ189MS (170L)
LG 2D Smart Inverter Fridge GN-B202SQBB (205L)
Hisense 2 Door Inverter Fridge RT276N4ABN (240L)
Frequently Bought Together
Cobbe Drawer Fridge Organizer Storage Box
Plastic Kitchen Refrigerator Box
Food Grade Vacuum Sealer Machine
Hanging Trash Plastic Bag Holder
Protective Kitchen Oven Glove
Yellow Lemon Fragrant Liner Bag 20L (48cm x 54cm)
2 in 1 Kitchen Mats
Multifunction 3 Tier Storage Trolley
- If you’re looking for a budget 2-door fridges or budget fridges in general, good options include Midea MD-232V (230L) and Elba ER-G2521-SV (250L).
- If you’re looking for inverter fridges, go for Toshiba GR-A28MS (252L) or Panasonic NR-BB211PK (210L).
- If good sized inverter fridges are what you want, then try checking out Hisense RS688N4ABU (620L) or Samsung RT38K501JS8 (500L).
Types Of Refrigerators
If you’re in the market for fridges, maybe it’s best to know what are your options just in terms of which type of fridge to get. Here are some common ones you’ll see in home appliances stores:
Mini fridges are small appliance usually no more than 10L in capacity and are mostly used to store drinks and small food items as well as cosmetics. Sometimes they are also called mini bars but mini bars are bigger in size (up to 60L). Read more on the best mini fridges.
- Pros: Cheap.
- Cons: No freezer, not suitable for storing groceries.
Single Door Fridges
These are fridges with no freezers and hence, have only 1 door.
- Pros: Cheap.
- Cons: No freezer, limited capability.
Also commonly called 2 door fridges, these fridges feature both a refrigerator and freezer, with the freezer at the top, as the name implies.
- Pros: Affordable, lots of options in terms of design, size and price.
- Cons: The most used compartment is at the bottom, making you bend down often.
These fridges feature a refrigerator at the top and slide-out freezer at the bottom. Less commonly called 2 door fridges than top-freezer ones since the French Door models (which feature 3 or 4 doors) are also the bottom-freezer type.
- Pros: Most used compartment at eye level. No need to bend down often.
- Cons: Usually more expensive than top-freezers, pound for pound.
These are fridges with freezer on one side of the fridge and a refrigerator on the other with a door for each compartment. Also commonly called 2 door fridges.
- Pros: You’d be able to store most-used food at eye level, whether in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Cons: Expensive.
How To Pick 2 Door Fridges
Cost & Budget
The fridge is usually one of the most expensive purchases for our kitchen but it lasts a very long time (5-10 years). Hence, it’s important to maximize your budget for a fridge to get the best in the market.
To help you estimate the cost, here’s an estimate for the price range for 2-door fridges in Malaysia in 2022.
- RM800 – RM1000: Most basic type of 2 door top-freezer fridges, between 200L – 300L capacity. Usually non-inverter.
- RM1000 – RM1500: Typically inverter type and come with added convenient features, between 200L-300L in capacity.
- RM1500 – RM3000: Big sized fridges, inverter type, between 500-700L. Usually side-by-side type.
Now that you’ve some idea on the cost, you’ll need to think about your eating habits. Consider these questions:
- What food do you consume the most?
- What food need ample storage?
- How much easily-perishable food will you need to store?
- Do you buy lots of frozen food?
- Do you store lots of bottled drinks?
Most 2 door fridges come in 250-300L capacity which is sufficient for an average family of 2, according to Harvery Norman’s estimate. But again, take into account the fact that the fridge will last more than 5 years as your household size may change.
Measure the space in your kitchen in which you’ll place your new fridge. Most top-drawer 2 door fridges between 200L to 300L is about 1.4m tall, 0.55m wide and 0.6m deep. Bigger capacity fridges will require more space. It’s also a good idea to leave about 50mm extra space around the fridge for ventilation.
Technology such as Frost-Free technology will prevent or minimize the appearance of unwanted frost and ice, as well as any technology that can keep your food fresh for longer. Deodorizers also help with smell.
The next factor you’ll need to consider is electricity consumption. Electricity-saving models for sizes of 200-300 liters are usually in the range of 220V or less. So if electricity is an issue for you, try to find one that is about 220V.
Besides that, energy star rating is also a useful guide to estimate efficiency. The best 2 door fridges are those with 4 to 5 star energy rating.
Fridge Energy Rating Guide
Every fridge sold in Malaysia should have an Energy Star Rating sticker between 2 to 5 stars. The measurements of this rating are slightly complicated for this article, but according to The Energy Commission of Malaysia, the star rating denotes the following:
- 5 Stars: +25 % ≤ Star index.
- 4 Stars: +10 % ≤ Star index < +25 %
- 3 Stars: -10 % ≤ Star index < +10 %
- 2 Stars: -25 % ≤ Star index < -10 %
- 1 Star: -35 % ≤ Star index <- 25 %
Where Star index is determined based on daily energy consumption obtained from test conducted. Hence, 5 stars appliances are the most energy efficient and 1 star, the least.
How To Maintain Your Fridge
- Adjust & maintain the temperature inside your refrigerator and freezer between 2 – 4° Celcius.
- Clear ice buildup regularly.
- Wipe, scrub and clean any spill or drop as soon as possible to avoid cross contamination.
- Keep food in sealed containers.
- Do not leave fridge door open too long.
Video : Tips To Organize Your Fridge