Top 10 Best Water Heaters in Malaysia 2023 (Brand Reviews)
Are you in the market for a home water heater? An easy way to get one is to order it online, and you’ll save more too. But buying a water heater online can be confusing as you’ll see labels like tankless, AC pump, DC pump, instant and many others.
But don’t worry, in this article, we will explain a little about how to pick a water heater and list out our choices for the 10 best Water Heaters in Malaysia that you can order off Shopee & Lazada.
Like air conditioners, a water heater especially a tank water heater is best installed by a service professional so you won’t have to worry about safety and durability. Add the installation cost if any, to your budget.
How We Pick
In this list, we chose certain types of water heaters with the features & price we wanted. Scroll below the list to see a Water Heater Buying Guide for more info on the specifications of water heaters.
- Type: We only picked instant or tankless water heaters.
- Pump: DC pumps preferred, but AC pump or no pump are included for pricing reasons (budget models).
- Safety Features: We only chose those with ELCB or RCD, splash proof, surge protection, flow sensor and others. Different models have different sets of safety features, not all the same.
- Other Features: Some with digital display, some with only knobs.
- Price & Budget: All within RM200 to RM1100 price range. Most below RM500.
Table of Contents
Best Water Heater in Malaysia
Rinnai Ore Series Electric Water Heater REI-A380DP-R
Panasonic DH-3RL1MWDH Water Heater
Toshiba DSK38ES3MB-RS Water Heater
Water Heater Cornell Instant Shower CIS-E7310X
Water Heater Toshiba Instant TWH-38EXPMY(T)
Centon EcoSerene Series Water Heater
Frequently Bought Together
Before getting a water heater, check for the kind of features that you think you will need, like pump, type of pump, tank or tankless, price and budget. In this list, we picked tankless water heaters only, but with different variations.
- Budget under RM300: Choose between Cornell CIS-E7310X or Panasonic DH3RL1MW. But both have no pump even though they are instant, tankless type.
- Budget from RM300 to RM600: Choose between Centon EcoSerene Series, Toshiba DSK38ES3MB-RS or Toshiba TWH-38EXPMY.
- For budget above RM1000: can try Rinnai Ore Series that comes with rain shower and best pressure.
What Is a Water Heater?
A water heater is a water heating device that generates heat with electricity or gas and transfers it to water intended for cleaning or bathing.
Types of Water Heaters
In Malaysia, there are mainly 2 types of water heater: tank water heater and tankless water heater. Common synonyms for both are storage (tank) and instant (tankless).
Water Heater Buying Guide
There are some buying factors that you need to consider before making the final decision. The main factors are:
- Tank vs tankless: Tank water heaters are usually cheaper but they take a bit of time (5 – 15 mins) to heat up the water and the water capacity is dependent on the size of the tank. Tankless water heaters on the other hand, are limited to only 1 bathroom or outlet and are more expensive, but the installation process is way easier, are more energy efficient, produce unlimited hot water in an instant.
- DC vs AC pump type: Water heaters often come with a built-in additional pump to ensure good water pressure. If you think the water pressure at your home could use a little boost, get a water heater with a pump. AC pumps are cheaper, stronger but noisy. DC pumps are more costly but produce way less noise and are more energy efficient.
- Space: If you are getting a water heater with a tank, you need to ensure that there is adequate space in which to place it. Measure the size of the tank and consider the size of your household. Typically, 90-130 litter tank is suitable for 1-2 people.
- Safety features: One must-have safety feature in a water heater is a built-in ELCB or (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker) that will cut off power supply to the device in the event of an electric leakage. Another one is a splash proof casing of IP25 or higher.
- Other features: You may want to get a water heater with a digital display if you have the budget.
- Price & Budget: A basic water heater may go for slightly above RM200. Better quality for for between RM300 to RM800 and the high-end ones above RM800.
Benefits of Hot Shower
- Releases tension in your muscles.
- Opens up pores on your skin.
- May Relieve some symptoms like coughing and runny nose.
According to Healthline.com, showering with hot water may release the tension in your muscles, open up skin pores for more thorough cleaning and may also relieve some symptoms associated with flu and cold.