Top 10 Best Water Heaters in Malaysia 2022 (Brand Reviews)
Are you in the market for a home water heater? An easy way to get one is to order it online, and you’ll save more too. But buying a water heater online can be confusing as you’ll see labels like tankless, AC pump, DC pump, instant and many others.
But don’t worry, in this article, we will explain a little about how to pick a water heater and list out our choices for the 10 best Water Heaters in Malaysia that you can order off Shopee & Lazada.
Like air conditioners, a water heater especially a tank water heater is best installed by a service professional so you won’t have to worry about safety and durability. Add the installation cost if any, to your budget.
How We Pick
In this list, we chose certain types of water heaters with the features & price we wanted. Scroll below the list to see a Water Heater Buying Guide for more info on the specifications of water heaters.
- Type: We only picked instant or tankless water heaters.
- Pump: DC pumps preferred, but AC pump or no pump are included for pricing reasons (budget models).
- Safety Features: We only chose those with ELCB or RCD, splash proof, surge protection, flow sensor and others. Different models have different sets of safety features, not all the same.
- Other Features: Some with digital display, some with only knobs.
- Price & Budget: All within RM200 to RM1100 price range. Most below RM500.
All these products can be purchased directly at :
Table of Contents
Best Water Heater in Malaysia
Rinnai Ore Series Electric Water Heater REI-A380DP-R
Panasonic DH-3RL1MWDH Water Heater
For those of you looking for a budget water heater, this one from Panasonic is among the models preferred by most. Because there is no pump in this water heater, it comes at a cheap price tag but you should not expect great water pressure. But even without pump, the heater still has a good focus on safety features for basic use such as IP25 water and splash resistant casing, Built-in Electric Leakage Breaker (ELCB) for cutting off power supply when there is a leak and a flow sensor to avoid overheating. So, get this if the water pressure at your home is already good and if you want to save some money.
Toshiba DSK38ES3MB-RS Water Heater
If you have a budget around RM500 and wish to have maximum comfort, this tankless water heater is the one for you. Even though the price of this is in the mid-range, it still offers great convenient features with the capability to produce high water pressure. You’ll be able to set precise temperature to the digit with its LED display, unlike other models with only knobs. The silent DC pump will produce great pressure efficiently and silently. There’s also a Whirl Water Flow technology that adds to the energy efficiency so even at a higher price tag compared to others, you’ll save more in electricity bills. The safety features are great too. There is also a shower rain set but if don’t need that, you can just choose the version without it. Overall, if you have the budget, pick this one.
Water Heater Cornell Instant Shower CIS-E7310X
The Cornell CIS-E7310X water heater model is one of the budget water heater models available in Malaysia. A major difference between this model and the rest that you should be aware of is that this one does not have any pump. So, installation may be slightly easier but water pressure won’t be great. If your water pressure at home is already great, you may not need a pump anyway. In terms of safety, it has pretty much the same capabilities with IP25 splash proof casing and anti-leak. Overall, with this one, you can get instant water heater at an affordable price.
Water Heater Toshiba Instant TWH-38EXPMY(T)
Do you have a modern-looking home? This Toshiba Instant Water Heater may be suitable for your bathroom. This tankless water heater is elegantly designed – complete with a digital smart display on a black coloured finish – that will surely add to the aesthetic of your bathroom. With a silent DC pump, Toshiba also does not ignore the safety features like leakage protection with ELCB and IP25 casing to give you the best and comfortable experience. The 1.5L/min flow rate is also better than most models at lower price. The only thing is that this water heater is slightly expensive in the mid-range category but your comfort is surely not compromised.
Baru Update :
Centon EcoSerene Series Water Heater
Centon is pretty well known in the water filter market in Asia. This popular EcoSerene Water Heater is now the preferred choice of many Malaysian buyers. The strength of this model comes from the superb safety features and great flow rate and DC inverter pump, at a reasonable price. It’s equipped with 5-Point Safety System that maintains water temperature, protects electric components from external splashes, cuts off power supply in the event of leakages and many more. That’s not all – this heater also comes with a multi-spray handset for you to pick your desired shower pattern. The on-demand tankless instant heating also means you won’t have to wait long for the water to heat up.
Water Heater Bosch Tronic TR8000S
Water Heater Deka with Pump DK1
Water Heater Joven Instant with Pump SC33IP
Water Heater Panasonic DH-3NDP1MS Instant
Frequently Bought Together
Bathroom Storage Organizer
Microfiber Shower Towel Cap Quick Drying
Exfoliante Soft Sponge Body Scrubber
Natural Exfoliating Back Sponge Scrubber
MAGICLEAN Toilet Bleach Regular (500ml)
Silicone Hair Comb for Scalp Massage
Before getting a water heater, check for the kind of features that you think you will need, like pump, type of pump, tank or tankless, price and budget. In this list, we picked tankless water heaters only, but with different variations.
- Budget under RM300: Choose between Cornell CIS-E7310X or Panasonic DH3RL1MW. But both have no pump even though they are instant, tankless type.
- Budget from RM300 to RM600: Choose between Centon EcoSerene Series, Toshiba DSK38ES3MB-RS or Toshiba TWH-38EXPMY.
- For budget above RM1000: can try Rinnai Ore Series that comes with rain shower and best pressure.
What Is a Water Heater?
A water heater is a water heating device that generates heat with electricity or gas and transfers it to water intended for cleaning or bathing.
Types of Water Heaters
In Malaysia, there are mainly 2 types of water heater: tank water heater and tankless water heater. Common synonyms for both are storage (tank) and instant (tankless).
Water Heater Buying Guide
There are some buying factors that you need to consider before making the final decision. The main factors are:
- Tank vs tankless: Tank water heaters are usually cheaper but they take a bit of time (5 – 15 mins) to heat up the water and the water capacity is dependent on the size of the tank. Tankless water heaters on the other hand, are limited to only 1 bathroom or outlet and are more expensive, but the installation process is way easier, are more energy efficient, produce unlimited hot water in an instant.
- DC vs AC pump type: Water heaters often come with a built-in additional pump to ensure good water pressure. If you think the water pressure at your home could use a little boost, get a water heater with a pump. AC pumps are cheaper, stronger but noisy. DC pumps are more costly but produce way less noise and are more energy efficient.
- Space: If you are getting a water heater with a tank, you need to ensure that there is adequate space in which to place it. Measure the size of the tank and consider the size of your household. Typically, 90-130 litter tank is suitable for 1-2 people.
- Safety features: One must-have safety feature in a water heater is a built-in ELCB or (Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker) that will cut off power supply to the device in the event of an electric leakage. Another one is a splash proof casing of IP25 or higher.
- Other features: You may want to get a water heater with a digital display if you have the budget.
- Price & Budget: A basic water heater may go for slightly above RM200. Better quality for for between RM300 to RM800 and the high-end ones above RM800.
Benefits of Hot Shower
- Releases tension in your muscles.
- Opens up pores on your skin.
- May Relieve some symptoms like coughing and runny nose.
According to Healthline.com, showering with hot water may release the tension in your muscles, open up skin pores for more thorough cleaning and may also relieve some symptoms associated with flu and cold.