Top 10 Best Fitness Trackers in Malaysia 2023 (Waterproof)
Do you have fitness goals? If not, maybe this is a good reminder to start thinking about them. Fortunately for us, Fitness Trackers are now a common, affordable gadget to help you plan, measure, track and meet those goals. So here we’ll cover things to consider when buying a fitness tracker as well as our choices for the Top 10 best Fitness Trackers in Malaysia, available on Shopee & Lazada.
Fitness Trackers vs Smartwatch
Should you buy a fitness tracker or a smartwatch? In short, smartwatches can do a little bit more than fitness trackers but they cost a bit more. So, if you have a flexible budget, check also our list of best smartwatches. Good to survey every option before you buy.
How We Pick
- Display: We chose a wide range of display resolution, from 124×206 to 354×306 and display size from 1.1” inches to 1.55” inches.
- Screen: We favour AMOLED screen, but also included OLED and LCD. AMOLED is a good option when you want to balance costs with visuals.
- Battery Life: It’s not easy to compare battery life since it depends heavily on the fitness programs you use. So, we check how long the battery can last on the lowest setting and pick between 7 to 21 days.
- Water Resistance: Most of what we pick here are 5ATM.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: All of our choices can track heart rate but the method of measurement may vary.
- Sleep Tracking: All of our choices can track sleeping period and patterns like REM sleep, but the method of measurement may vary.
- Fitness Tracking: What kind of exercises do you do? You’ll want a fitness tracker with companion apps and fitness programs tailored for the kind of activities that you do (running distance, swimming laps, etc).
- OS Compatibility: All are compatible with iOS and Android.
- Other Convenient Features: Some of our choices can do more than just typical fitness tracking like female menstruation tracking, spO2, fast charging, stress management as well as always on display.
- Price & Budget: We chose low-end options below RM100, mid-range options between RM100 to RM200 and high-end option above RM300.
Best Fitness Trackers Brands in Malaysia
Lenovo S2 Fitness Tracker
Aukey LS02 Fitness Tracker
Fitbit Inspire 2 Fitness Tracker
Amazfit Band 7 Fitness Tracker
Huawei Band 6 Fitness Tracker
Honor Band 6 Fitness Tracker
- If your budget is less than RM100, go for Lenovo S2 or Aukey LS02.
- If you can spend between RM100 to RM200, check out Amazfit Band 7, Huawei Band 6 or Honor Band 6.
- If you can spend more than RM200 and don’t mind having to pay after 1 year, the Fitbit Inspire 2 offer the best tracking features.
Fitness Trackers Buying Guide
Display & Screen
Most fitness trackers come in between 1.1” inches to 1.5” inches display. You will want to consider your preferred screen size. A fitness tracker with a screen that’s too large for you probably will slightly affect your workout. Screen-wise, there are mainly 3 types: LCD, AMOLED and OLED. OLED offers usually the best picture but is also more costly than LCD and AMOLED.
Speaking of display, you also want to see if you would like always-on display. Not many fitness trackers offer this feature.
It can be annoying to have to charge your fitness tracker every time before you go to the gym. So, you’ll want to pick those that can last between 7 to 21 days on the lowest setting. Of course, battery-draining features like GPS and various fitness programs will reduce this range, depending on how often you work out.
Water & Dust Resistance Levels
If you plan to take your fitness trackers underwater, for activities like swimming (not diving though!), then you’ll want one that has 5ATM water resistance level. The 5ATM denotes that the device can stand within an “atmosphere” (ATM) of up to 50 meters of water pressure underwater. This does not mean it can be submerged 50 meters underwater.
Heart Rate & Sleep Tracking
There are all kinds of heart rate and sleep measurement methods applied in fitness trackers. Some are more accurate than others. Most offer 24/7 monitoring.
What kind of exercises or sports do you do most? Which area of your performance do you need tracking? Some simply need the timer in these watches while others would like to track swimming laps, running distance and others. Do check the companion apps for these fitness trackers before you buy.
Most fitness trackers are compatible with both iOS and Android ecosystems. Still, pay attention to this as well.
In Malaysia, only high-end fitness trackers provide a built-in GPS that allows you to track your location without relying on your smartphone. But other fitness trackers do sync with your smartphone to provide GPS service, though it’s your smartphone that provides the GPS. So, monitor constantly your phone’s battery life.
Price & Budget
You can find good budget Fitness Trackers under RM100 in Malaysia but most go for mid-range options which are usually priced between RM100 to RM200. Some higher-end options go for above RM300 but offer accurate and additional health tracking, fast charging or even wireless charging.
What Can You Do with A Fitness Tracker?
Fitness trackers are designed to track activity levels while you work out or even rest. Some features people often look out for are:
- Heart rate monitoring
- Sleep tracking
- Tracking of periods of elevated physical stress (i.e., resting period between sets)
- Sports tracking (i.e., swimming laps, running distance)
- Blood oxygen levels
- Calories burned (and consumed, if sync with other apps like MyFitnessPal)
- Female menstrual cycles
Smartwatches on the other hand, also feature these with more added communication and task-tracking features like taking calls, displaying notification and others. But smartwatches are generally more expensive.
Video : 5ATM Water Resistance Level Guide