Top 10 Best Dust Mite Vacuums in Malaysia 2023 (Cheap)
Happening Today : ✨ 6.6 Mid Year Mega Sale at Lazada & Shopee. Up to 70% Off! Save More, Buy Today!
Don’t you just hate it when you’re all ready to hit the hay and then, out of nowhere, those sneezes start taking over? One of the reasons behind this annoying phenomenon is those pesky dust mites. If you haven’t been keeping up with regular cleaning of your bed or sofa, these tiny creatures can make themselves right at home. Believe it or not, there can be over 1.5 million of those little critters lurking around! They can actually pose a risk to folks who are more susceptible to asthma attacks.
One way to tackle this problem is to get yourself a Dust Mite Vacuum. Here’s our picks for the Top 10 Best Dust Mite Vacuums in Malaysia that you can buy on Shopee & Lazada.
How We Pick
Our selections for the best Dust Mite Vacuum are based on the following criteria:
- Filter: Dust Mite Vacuums are not effective if they’re not equipped with a HEPA filter. So here, we only chose ones with HEPA filters (0.2-micron or 0.3-micron).
- UV Light: All models we chose are equipped with UV light at different wattages.
- UV Safety Feature: All the models below will disable the UV lighting when not in used.
- Suction Power: From 12kPa to 19kPa. Enough for this type of vacuum.
- Vibrating Pads: All have vibrating pads to help dust mites dislodge from deep underneath the fabric. Vibrating power ranges from 7K BPM to 15K BPM (beats per minute).
- Cordless vs Corded: Most are corded, some cordless.
Best Dust Mite Vacuums in Malaysia
Scott Miller Dust Mite Vacuum SM-DM1
PerySmith Cordless Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner XTREME Series V20
Electrova Vaclife Anti Dust-Mite UV Vacuum
Russell Taylors Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner VM-10
Deerma Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner CM800
Bossman Kaden Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner VK1
There are several methods available to clean your bed, sofa, and pillows from dust mites. You can use a conventional vacuum, a cordless vacuum, or invest in a specialized Dust Mite Vacuum designed specifically to tackle these pesky critters – as long as these devices are equipped with HEPA filters. However, before making a decision, it’s important to consider a few factors:
- Filter: Choose one with HEPA filter. This is crucial.
- UVC light: May help to hinder dust mites’ abilities to breed.
- Suction Power: Between 10kPa and 15kPa should suffice.
- Hot Air Blower: Keep moisture levels optimal.
- Vibrating Pads: Help remove dust mites that hide deep beneath the fabric.
- Corded vs Cordless: If you have lots of surfaces to clean, choose a corded one. If not, cordless would be very convenient to have.
Here are our picks for the best Dust Mite Vacuums in Malaysia:
- Scott Miller Dust Mite Vacuum SM-DM1
- PerySmith Cordless Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner XTREME Series V20
- Electrova Vaclife Anti Dust-Mite UV Vacuum
- Russell Taylors Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner VM-10
- Deerma Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner CM800
- Bossman Kaden Dust Mite Vacuum Cleaner VK1
- Samu Giken VC141RB Dust Mite Vacuum
- Airbot CM900 Dust Mite UV Vacuum
- Swiss Thomas M10 Dust Mite Vacuum
- Panasonic D07 Wireless Dust Mite Vacuum
How To Pick the Best Dust Mite Vacuum
Dust mites thrive on the organic particles shed by our bodies and require a slight bit of moisture to survive. To prevent them from infesting your beds, it’s important to do two things:
- Eliminate their primary source of nourishment (dust).
- Hinder their ability to breed.
While regular vacuums with HEPA filters do the job adequately, Dust Mite Vacuums can offer enhanced efficiency for this purpose. These specialized vacuums often come equipped with additional features such as UVC light and hot air blowers, which can potentially disrupt the dust mites’ breeding abilities, making them a more comprehensive solution.
But there’s only one crucial feature to have in Dust Mite Vacuums which is the HEPA filters. Others are nice to have but secondary.
Dust mites are minuscule creatures, but their impact can be significant. To ensure they are effectively trapped and contained, opt for a vacuum with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate) filters. These filters can capture up to 99% of particles as small as 0.3 microns, including those pesky dust mites. By keeping the mites securely confined, you prevent their escape back into the air. If a dedicated Dust Mite Vacuum isn’t in your plans, a vacuum with HEPA filters will suffice.
UVC light can be effective in eliminating dust mites, their eggs, and other microorganisms. Emitting between 200 to 280 nm (the wavelength), UVC light is harmful to dust mites as it damages their nucleic acids (DNA and RNA), and may in turn, damage their ability to breed, even if it does not kill them completely.
To effectively gather dust, the mites’ primary source of food, you’ll need a vacuum with strong suction power. Ideally, choose a device that allows you to control the suction power. A range between 10kPa to 15kPa should provide ample strength to suck up both dust and dust mites effectively.
Hot Air Blower
Some Dust Mite Vacuums offer an added feature—a hot air blower function. This function helps maintain optimal moisture levels in your beds, making it difficult for dust mites to survive and breed.
Dust mites can burrow deep within the fabric of your beds, pillows, or sofas, making them harder to reach. Dust Mite Vacuums equipped with vibrating pads can dislodge these hidden mites, allowing them to be suctioned into the vacuum canister. When combined with strong suction power, vibrating pads become an effective tool for thorough mite removal.
Corded or Cordless
Consider whether you prefer a corded or cordless Dust Mite Vacuum. Cordless options offer great flexibility, allowing you to move around without constraints. However, keep in mind that the cordless type usually requires frequent charging as they typically come with smaller batteries, so not ideal if you have lots of surfaces to clean.
Tips to Keep Dust Mites Off Your Bed
- Allow Sunlight In: Open your windows during the day for a period of time to let in natural sunlight. Sunlight can create an inhospitable environment for dust mites, making it harder for them to survive.
- Switch to Mattresses with Anti-Microbial or Anti-Dust Mite Fabrics: When selecting mattresses, opt for materials that are specifically designed to repel dust mites. Look for bed sheets, pillowcases, and mattress covers made from anti-microbial or anti-dust mite fabrics.
- Wash Bedding Weekly: Regularly washing your bedding is crucial in keeping dust mites at bay. Instead of solely relying on vacuuming, make it a habit to wash your sheets, pillowcases, and blankets at least once a week. Use hot water (at a temperature of 50°C or above) to effectively kill dust mites and remove their allergenic waste.
- Use an Air Purifier or Air Conditioner: Investing in an air purifier or using an air conditioner with built-in filtration can help trap harmful microbes, including dust mites, in the air. Look for purifiers or conditioners with HEPA filters or specialized anti-dust mite filters.
- Minimize Clutter and Cushions: Dust mites thrive in cluttered areas, so keeping your bedroom tidy and minimizing the number of cushions or pillows on your bed can help reduce their hiding spots.
- Regularly Wash or Vacuum Carpets: Carpets can harbor dust mites and their allergens, so it’s important to regularly clean them. Vacuum carpets at least once a week using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to trap dust mites and their waste. If possible, consider replacing carpets with hard flooring, as it is easier to clean and less prone to dust mite infestations.
Frequently Asked Questions