Top 10 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in Malaysia 2023 (Quality)
Looking to buy a cordless or wireless vacuum cleaner? In this article, we are going to look at the most important factors to consider before buying a vacuum cleaner and review the Top 10 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in Malaysia that are popular on Shopee & Lazada!
Our selections take into accounts the products’ effectiveness, performance, usability and price. But first, let’s consider whether a cordless vacuum cleaner is suitable for your home needs.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
There are 3 main types of vacuum cleaners: Cordless Vacuums, Corded Vacuums and Robot Vacuums. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Consider which area or items in your home (floors, curtains, furniture, etc) you will use it for, and how frequent do you need to clean it.
Robot vacuums are great at cleaning floors and carpets, but not much anything else. If you’d like to have a vacuum at home for more than just cleaning floors, you’ll need either cordless or corded vacuum cleaners.
Cordless vs Corded Vacuums
Advantages of Cordless Vs Corded Vacuums
- It gives more mobility & flexibility
- It is lighter and easier to use
- Can convert into a handheld mode for cleaning cars or curtains
- Suitable for home with pets
Disadvantages of Cordless Vs Corded Vacuums
- More expensive for the same level of suction power
- Lasts about 30-60 minutes before needing to recharge
- Smaller dust capacity
If you’re set on a cordless vacuum, let’s look at our choices for the best cordless vacuums. Here’s how we pick these vacuums. Do check out also our Cordless Vacuum Buying Guide below.
How We Pick
Among the most important buying factors for cordless vacuums are:
- Suction Power: Measured by Kilopascal (kPa) or Air Watts (AW). We pick only those above 19kPa or 90AW, up to 30kPa or 200AW. For most cleaning tasks, anything between 19kPa to 25kPa is good enough but it’s also good to have more powerful suction for easier cleaning.
- Operating Time: Depending on the size of your home, 40-60 minutes is optimal (on lowest speed level or suction power setting).
- Time to Full Charge: Most of the time, your cordless vacuum will stay charged on its stand, but you’ll want a charging time of between 3-5 hours.
- Dustbin Capacity: We find 800ml to be big enough. Still, our chosen range is 500ml to 1000ml.
- Speed Level: Most cordless vacuums come with 2 or 3 speed levels (suction power levels) so you can adjust to fit your cleaning (especially carpets). More speed levels mean more flexibility.
- Mopping Functions: This is a unique extra function that some cordless vacuum brands add to their products. Very convenient to have. We prioritize those with this function, although only a few of them have it.
- Price & budget: We chose some affordable options below RM500 as well as high end options between RM1000 to RM3000 to cater for most buyers.
Review: Corvan K18 vs Dyson V11
Chup! If you’re interested, we did a comparison of the two most popular models: Corvan K18 & Dyson V11 in the article below.
Table of Contents
Best Cordless Vacuum Brands in Malaysia
Corvan Cordless Vacuum Mop K18
Airbot Supersonics Vacuum Cleaner
Dibea G22 Cordless Vacuum
Corvan K6s Cordless Vacuum
PerySmith Vacuum Cleaner X Kaden PRO K2
Dyson V15 Detect™ Absolute Cordless Vacuum
Frequently Bought Together
Airbot Universal Vacuum Stand Hanger
- If you have a budget of above RM1000, go check out Corvan K18 or Dibea G22 which offer great features at a very reasonable price. If you feel like spending more, Dyson V15 is a bestseller in the market right now.
- For a budget less than RM300, your best option may be Airbot Supersonics.
- For a budget more than RM300 but less than RM500, try Corvan K6s or PerrySmith K2 Max or K3 Max.
Cordless Vacuum Buying Guide
Here are some factors and features to consider when getting a cordless vacuum, especially for first timers:
The suction power refers to the vacuum’s ability to pick up dust, dirt or even liquid off the floors and is usually measured by Kilopascal (kPa) or Air Watts (AW). Typically, newer cordless vacuum models will have around up to 19kPa to 20-ish kPa. This refers to the suction power at the max level.
Most cordless vacuums will feature about 2200 to 2500mAh lithium-ion battery that will take about 3-5 hours to charge and can operate for 40-60 minutes max. The operation time that you see displayed is often that at the lowest speed or suction level.
Most cordless vacuums will have more than 600ml in dustbin capacity. Obviously bigger is always better since you won’t need to empty out the bin as often as with lower capacity. However, 800ml is probably big enough for most.
Some cordless vacuums are really noisy especially at max setting. The most silent cordless vacuums usually produce around 60db in noise. So, anything between 60db to 75db you can consider as acceptable.
Speed levels give you flexibility the clean different types of floors or carpets/fabrics. Most models have 2 or 3 speed levels. You will want to have flexibility here if carpets cover a lot of your floors since you will typically need stronger suction for carpets or fabrics on sofas or seating furniture.
Cordless vacuums or any vacuum for that matter, with HEPA filters are the best ones out there. Some come with 3 stages and some 6 stages. If you are really prone to allergies, try to max out your budget here. If you are not, a 3 stage filters are good enough.
Bag vs Bagless
Many newer cordless vacuum models are bagless which means that the dust goes straight into a glass dustbin after being filtered. You will then need to clean the dustbin. However, you will still need to replace the filters after some time.
Bagged vacuums on the other hand, feature a bag that contains and traps all the dirt and dust within the bag for later disposal. The bag may then be cleaned but you will have to replace it after some time once it gets worn out.
Most cordless vacuums will have 2 types of warranties: motor warranty and general warranty for the whole appliance. Motor warranty lasts up to 5 years, but you should only expect the general warranty to last around 1 year.
LED lights on the head of the vacuum is important since you will need it to do a thorough cleaning in areas that are difficult to see such as under your furniture. Most vacuum will feature LED lights.
A nice feature to have is a digital display on or near the handle that will allow you to set speed levels and see remaining battery life easily. Other features like 2-in-1 vacuum and mop functions, >180-degree swivel, and easy disposal add to your convenience.
Cordless vacuums in Malaysia come in generally 3 price levels: everything under RM400 is considered affordable or budget option; between RM400 to RM1000 are pretty decent mid-range options and those over RM1000 are super good high-end options that come with additional features like 2-in-1 mopping function and digital display.
Should You Buy a Cordless or Corded Vacuum?
Cordless vacuum cleaner uses a built-in battery like lithium which gives you the flexibility to use it anywhere without needing to worry about distance and cord length. It typically is also more lightweight, easier to store and stylish so that you don’t need to keep it hidden in a closet.
This battery-based product has some drawbacks however. Depending on the battery means that the suction power may not be as strong as a corded vacuum cleaner nor will it last as long. However, newer models have minimized this issue and more and more brands are coming up with powerful cordless cleaners that can last longer than you need.
If you are looking to do heavy duty cleaning or don’t mind the cords, check out our list of Best Corded Vacuums. If you are interested in robot vacuums, we’ve also prepared a list of Best Robot Vacuums.
Video : How To Setup Corvan K18